Monday 12 August 2013

Review - Truth by Aleatha Romig


Truth by Aleatha Romig

 My rating = A spellbinding five stars!!
(First read in December 2012)

After the compelling Consequences, the first book in the series, here is the second, Truth, in which Claire finally gets her freedom. Or does she and at what cost?

In Consequences Claire had little by little infiltrated herself into Tony’s affection reducing his effect of his deep and dark control issues. He found her captivating and realised what good she had brought into his life. As the saying goes “You never realise what good you have got until it’s gone” Hmm but does he?

Where I had found Consequences totally compelling this was tenfold for Truth. This book had me utterly spellbound and mesmerised. The author is an exceptional story teller and keeps you engaged and enthralled at every turn. Yes there were lots of turns and “WTFery!” 

There is a lot more background to what had happened in the past in this book so you get to understand Tony a hell of a lot more and dare I say it, fall in love with him. I can’t believe I would say that about this man! The author introduces more secondary characters who are fundamental to the intricacies of this enigma of a book. Claire is much stronger in this second instalment the series and finally gets a voice in the relationship. I still cannot believe after what happened at the end of Consequences that this relationship could develop, especially not to the gorgeous romance that evolved. However you know with this author all is not as it seems on the surface. The darkness was still there waiting to pounce on you just when you were taking a chance on putting on a happy smile and breathe a sigh of relief that we were on our way to Happy land. Er no – not just yet.

There were lots of twists in the plot and total shocks. When reading this book take it slow, absorb everything because the little clues are given and if you miss them then the shocks that occur at the end insist you go back and read parts again to see how the hell you didn’t see that coming. Brilliant!

There is a lot that can be said about this book and how fantastic it is but to do so would spoil the enjoyment of the new reader. I really cannot advocate how truly gripping this series is and yes I can envision a film, I can! It would be amazing.

So now I wait for the final book – Convicted, which is scheduled for a late 2013 release. How can I wait that long? I can’t! But one request please Ms Romig should you be reading this – I need more on the meet up of Tony and Claire on the island after the “disappearance”. What happened at the meet up? What happened to “her”? Oh jeeze trying to ask in code is laughable. See there is so much still to be answered and again I know, yes I am positive that Ms Romig will have us sitting on the edge of our seats and gripping our kindles/e-readers/books once again. An absolute must read and highly, yes extremely highly recommend you read. 

******************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment