Sunday 20 October 2013

Review - Friends or Lovers? by Sara York

Friends or Lovers by Sara York photo FriendsorLovers-SaraYork_zpscf4c3c9c.jpg

Friends or Lovers? by Sara York

GENRE: m/m romance
RELEASED: 9th June 2013

My Rating = Four stars

This was written as part of a Goodread’s M/M Romance group event and it was a nice short easy read covering one of my favourite themes – friends to lovers. 

Shane wakes up in bed with his best friend forever, Nick, in his honeymoon suite, the day after he was stood up by Mark at their wedding. 

Shane had been with Mark for five years who he met when he was struggling at college. Mark was older, richer and sophisticated so was an easy choice for Shane.

Nick has always loved Shane and was devastated when he got together with Mark. He stood no chance, until he was there to comfort Shane after Mark did his vanishing act. 

There were some areas I did not grasp like why Shane would even speak with Mark after what he did, let alone agree to have breakfast with him whilst leaving Nick back in the room.

Loved the scenes with Nick and Shane when they were both comprehending what the night’s sex-a-thon has developed their friendship into. 

My first Sara York book which has wet my appetite for more from this author as I love the writing style. I will be reading the follow up to this story called In or Out?

Overall it was a good read and I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment