Monday 8 July 2013

Review - This Man Confessed by Jodi Ellen Malpas


This Man Confessed - Jodi Ellen Malpass

Rating = 5 amazing stars

So here it is. The final part in the This Man trilogy and where I say goodbye to my happy place that is Central Jesse Cloud Nine.

I adore and love this man, that is, Jesse Ward, with his gorgeous pout, his pullable hair, his sexy eyes, his grabbable arse and his shouty controlling ways. I love his devotion to Ava but I did find his constant hiding of things from Ava in order to protect her f**king frustrating at times! (“Watch your f**king mouth Lady!”

As for Ava who went out of her way at times to rile her man just to get the rise out of him which, yes did lead to the retribution f**k or the reminder f**k but....arrgh sometimes I was pulling my hair out at her antics. She got me crazy mad.

However, for those who have been on this journey of the whole This Man series, we understand. We know the normal that is Jesse and Ava. This is their world and I for one have loved every freaking second of it. I have devoured every book and then gone back for more whilst waiting for the next instalment to be released. It is one of those series that totally overtake your life for the days you are reading it. 

As the title suggests, there is a whole lot of confessions that are revealed in this final book. Be warned there is a total whopper of a confession near the end that had me shouting “WTF – where did that come from?” “How the hell did I not see that coming” I was a little – nay a lot – surprised at Ava’s immediate acceptance of that. I mean, come on, all the other little things he had done that I felt were acceptable after a day’s sulking but holy moly she went off at a tangent, but not this. But that, I guess is what I loved about these characters, totally unpredictable, totally bonkers but totally loveable.

The dialogue was sigh worthy with all that is Jesse. I found myself reading parts over and over, just imagining the gorgeous Lord/God whispering them in his husky growl 

“I love you” he whispers. “I f**king love, love, love you”

“You feel so f**king good. I don't know how I ever survived without this”

“Before you Ava, I existed, I didn’t live. Now I live and it’s only for you”

I loved the giggles too especially when he funked his junk on the dance floor to Justin Timberlake. I could just imagine him there – shaking that sexy arse. He made me swoon – bloody swoon, I tell you!

The epilogue was wonderful to read and delightfully from Jesse’s POV. So good to see he remained his bossy sexy arsed self, five years down the line and that domesticity did not impede on his character that remained totally controlling but loveable. 

So the countdowns (three...two...one...zero!) and the f**ks (reminder and sense to name a few) the make friends sex, the sleepy sex and the best one – sleepy twilight sex are all done. The final curtain called for Jesse and Ava. A story that has delivered everything I could have asked for is complete. I will definitely miss them. Yup. End of. 

*********************************************************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment