Wednesday 10 December 2014

I Don't Dance (Freebirds Novella) by Lani Lynn Vale | Released! | #NewRelease #novella #series #military #romance

Title: I Don't Dance
Series: A Freebirds Novella
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Release Date: December 10, 2014
Her

Blaine didn't understand the true meaning of lonely until she spent her first Christmas away from her husband. She was never one to believe in love at first sight. Then she met Elliott while he was on leave from the Army. From that moment on, they loved fiercely, and never wasted a day. She knew that deployment was a very real possibility… one that scared her to death.

Him

When the orders are handed down, he has to go, leaving his new wife at home while he risks his life half a world away. Elliott did his best. He loved Blaine with his whole heart, but he had a responsibility to his team and to his country. Regrettably, that meant being away from Blaine Christmas after Christmas, year after year.

Her

Blaine made the best of her situation, and did what any good military wife should do, even if it tore her to pieces to do it. She stood by her man. Years go by, but one thing holds true. They’re meant to be. Blaine and Elliott have a love like no other, and time and distance will never change that.
“When’s she going to come
outside?  I’m starving,” Dougie whined.
He was upset that the mother of his
child had his daughter for Christmas, and he was taking it out on everyone else
but the woman who deserved the shit mood he was in.
I looked over at the exasperating ass
beside me.  “When she comes outside.”
“Seriously, did your mom give the
signal like you told her to?”  Dougie
kept pushing.
I silenced him with a look, but he
just grinned.
Asshole.
“The door’s opened,” Jack mumbled
from his position in the front seat. I looked over at him with his eyes closed,
and wondered how he could even tell.
“Stay here for a few,” I instructed
as I opened the backdoor and jumped out.
My feet hit the ground with only a
whisper of sound, and I closed the door quietly, waiting for her to go to my
dad’s truck that was parked in front of ours.
It felt like for-fucking-ever
before she finally made it to the end of the drive.
She was wearing the same pajamas
she’d been wearing last night.
Red and white skintight pajamas.
She told me in a letter last week
that she’d found them for half price in the kid’s section at Target. I’d
thought that she was talking about footed pajamas, but these were just
adorable. And, for some reason, incredibly sexy.
The thin stretchy material cupped
her ass like a second skin, and from here I was fairly sure she couldn’t be
wearing underwear because I couldn’t see any lines.
Her top looked about as good as her
ass except I could tell she was wearing a bra, which, for some reason, was heartbreaking.
Her mid-back length strawberry
blonde hair was tied back in a loose ponytail over her right shoulder, and she
had a red and green striped ribbon in her hair at the top to hold her bangs
back.
Her face was void of makeup, and
her toes were bare, despite the zero degree temperatures and wind chill.
It took her long moments to finally
turn my way, but when she did, she froze.
Then she screamed and started
running towards me.
A smile split my face wide, and it
was all I could do to stay in place and not run towards her, too.
Putting one foot back to brace, I
opened my arms just in time for her to launch herself in them and hit me with
all the might a hundred and ten pound person could muster.
Her legs went around my waist, feet
locking behind my back.
Her strong arms encircled my neck,
and she buried her sobbing face into the crook as she shook with the force of
her tears.
“You’re home,” she whispered.
My eyes closed and I breathed her
in.
She smelled like coffee and
cinnamon roasted walnuts, which meant she’d cheated and already opened one of
my Christmas presents to her.
“Hey, baby,” I said into Blaine’s
hair. “I had to keep my promise,” I declared.
She turned her head, but left it on
my chest, breaking my heart with the sight of her tears.  “What promise?”
Grinning at her like a fool, I
said, “Dancing with you.  I made a
promise, and I plan to keep it.”
“This is the best Christmas present
ever!” She declared loudly, lifting her head out of my neck, finally letting me
see her eyes.
I’m a married mother of three. My kids are all under 5, so I can assure you that they are a handful. I’ve been with my paramedic husband now for ten years, and we’ve produced three offspring that are nothing like us. I live in the greatest state in the world, Texas.
  


HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment