Tuesday 14 August 2018

New Release and Exclusive Excerpt! | Peony Red by J Lynn Bailey | #NEW #ContemporaryRomance

Title: Peony Red

Author: J. Lynn Bailey

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Release Date: 14 August 2018

Blurb

Alex Fisher hasn’t been able to find her stride since the death of her husband three years ago. She’s out of a job, out of time, and running on fumes. So, when she receives two postcards from Granite Harbor, Maine, inviting her for a visit, she takes it as a sign for a start fresh.

For game warden Eli Young, life is simpler when he’s exploring the back roads of Maine. In the north woods, he doesn’t have to deal with town politics or his soon-to-be ex-wife.

When Alex makes Eli an offer he can’t refuse, he should say no. He should walk away. Except he can’t. Something about her leaves him tangled.

A dark storm is brewing in the small coastal town, and everyone is on edge when word spreads quickly about a young woman who has gone missing.

When a picture of Alex shows up at a gruesome scene, no one is prepared for what will happen next.

Eli wants to save Alex, but she has to save herself.

The question isn’t, Can she? It’s, Will she?


Buy Link

Amazon


Giveaway


Exclusive Excerpt

Eli scoots closer, his look hooded. “Get under the covers.”

I obey. I know what he needs because I feel the same carnal need. Maybe we should just have sex, and all this would go away. I want him to slide on top of me, and I want to feel him between my legs.

Hesitantly, with the blanket between us, he carefully brushes the strands of my hair out of my face and then slides his hand down my neck. My body is fully aware of his presence, and I want nothing more than to feel him.

My breathing quickens.

With a layer of feathers between his hand and my body, his hand grazes over my breasts, my nipples knowing full well the seriousness of this situation as they tingle and expand, creating an ache.

His hand slides down across my stomach, and his eyes ask if this is all right.

I know this is not Kyle but Eli. Someone new. The only other man I’ve allowed to touch me like this. The feathers provide the buffer that I think we both need.

My lips part, and I lick them because they, too, desperately need attention. My legs fall to the sides, providing Eli with space that he needs and me with more want.

I need to resist him.
I need not to want him.
I need to gain clarity in my mind of what this looks like, this situation we’re both agreeing to, but I can’t. Because all I see is his face, which is full of concern, but I think it’s also something he can’t stop.

Eli’s hand stops right before he reaches the center of my body, the part that has only been claimed by Kyle. It isn’t because Eli wants to; it’s because he has to.

“I can’t do this with you, Alex.”



The Author


Lynn Bailey has loved to write since she learned to read, around the second grade. When she isn't running after her children, watching COPS, or on the hunt for her next Laffy Taffy joke, you can probably find her holed up in her writing room feverishly working on her next book. She lives in Northern California with her family.

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram |  Website

No comments:

Post a Comment