Sunday 19 May 2013

Eyes Wide Open - Raine Miller


Eyes Wide Open - Raine Miller


Rating = 4 stars


Erotica

Finally we get to catch up in the third book of The Blackstone Affair series. I must admit I had to go back and read the previous book to recall what had gone on. It was nice to be back in the luscious arms of Ethan Blackstone again (I wish!) with his twinkling eyes and his goatee beard. He is one of the top book boyfriends of all time.

This third instalment takes off right after the bomb scare in London when Ethan whisks Brynne off to his sister’s country mansion to recover but also where they find out some whopping news! What a curveball that was for the insecure couple but could this be the making of them?

The book continues in the same vein as the previous two with the developing relationship of Ethan and Brynne, all wonderfully interwoven with the timing of the London Olympics. I would have loved to have had more written about this and also Ethan’s cousin who was competing. What we got though was page after page of the sexy interludes of the couple which I must say got a little repetitive for my liking. I felt there needed a little more of the back story of the hidden threat to Brynne’s life in relation to the senator over in the US. This came near to the end which had me panicking that we wouldn't have enough time to fit it all in and it therefore felt a little rushed. Oh and I guessed who “done it” way before the big reveal – just call me Poirot but it was obvious to me. It made me a little sad as I was routing for that guy and wanted him to have a HEA too. It’s still a mystery as to what really happened there too.

But saying all that I still loved this book and adored Ethan and his filthy mouth. I liked all the English slang and sayings as I tend to say more Americanisms after reading mostly books based in the US so it was nice to have some “home turf” sayings. I would have liked to have gotten more of a story into Ethan’s darkness due to his time in Special Forces in Afghanistan. I bet that would be a book in itself (hint, hint)

After reading this I felt I needed more and I was happy to hear a rumour that a fourth book is on the cards so this trilogy might become a quad…… four book series. I hope so as I think it warrants more. Who am I kidding – I just want more Ethan Blackstone, the sexy arse!







No comments:

Post a Comment