Friday 23 August 2013

Review - Unlocked (The Alpha Group #3) by Maya Cross


Unlocked (The Alpha Group #3) by Maya Cross

My rating = a lascivious five!

The Blurb

The breathtaking conclusion to the USA Today bestselling Alpha Group Series.

Who is Sebastian Lock?

The heart can lead you to dangerous places. Abandoned by the man she loves, with nothing more than sweet words and riddles for an explanation, Sophia Pearce felt like her life was crumbling before her eyes. And then they came for her. Now, things will never be the same.

Confronted with the truth about Sebastian’s identity, she’s thrust into a high stakes world beyond anything she could have imagined. A world that threatens much more than just her feelings. Sebastian’s enemies will stop at nothing to get what they want, and they want her.

Their passion for one another consumes them, but as the danger mounts, and loyalties are tested, Sophia must answer one simple question. What is she willing to risk for love?

**This book is approximately 55,000 words, or about 200 printed pages. It contains erotic content and a dominant man who always gets what he wants in the bedroom. It is intended for readers aged 18 and over.**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Review

What an amazing conclusion in this, the third book in The Alpha Group series. The second book left us with a mouth dropping cliffhanger that had you eager to rush onto this next book which certainly did not disappoint. It also came armed with Sebastian’s POV (as well as Sophia's) which usually is not something I particularly like as I am keen to keep my book boyfriends dark and mysterious, so knowing all that Sebastian had been thinking and feeling up to this point could have been a dealbreaker for me. It wasn’t. This book astounded and amazed me.

When I first started reading this series in Locked I presumed what ‘The Alpha Group’ stood for. How wrong I was and also to think the series would be the predictive plot found in other ‘billionaire men’ type of reads. It wasn't and it kept me thoroughly enthralled and ensnared in the intricacies of the storyline.

In this final instalment we find out what ‘The Alpha Group’ actually is and what a curveball that was! To describe my thoughts about this would totally give the game away and as a reader this part was one of the highlights when this was relayed in the book, so I don't want to fling a spoiler into the works but just let me say it was an integral part of the book but also a wonderful and original addition. 

We still had the sexy and delicious Sebastian with his dominant demands in the bedroom but we also got to see the softer side where he shared with Sophia his deepest and desperate emotions. 

Finally he pulled away, only to bury his head against my neck. "Say it again," he whispered, teasing me with a slow rocking motion.
"I love you," I breathed.
"And I love you," he replied.

Sophia and Sebastian found themselves thrown back together as the result of a dark and despicable action which is at the hands of a devious force. However, as the plot evolves even more surprises are thrown into the mix, leaving Sebastian and Sophia running for their lives and learning to act on their instincts. Throughout all this they realise and reveal their true feelings for each other which were so glorious to read and again turned this read into something much deeper than envisioned at the beginning.

The action and suspense was intertwined with the romance aspects and it grabbed the reader into another dimension of an erotic read. I must admit though I did spot who ‘he’ was from the onset but that was not through any clues the author threw in – just a throwaway guess which had me high fiving myself at the end!

So would I recommend this series? Absolutely. A wonderful series that had me clicking the button on my kindle for more and held me spellbound from the onset. Fabulous!

******************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment