Saturday 13 July 2013

Review Archive - No Apologies by Tibby Armstrong


No Apologies by Tibby Armstrong
m/m
read August 2012

My rating = 4 stars


This is my second read of this book so that alone should tell you that I recommend it. Yes definitely recommend. I just loved the characters Aaron and Greg and the whole concept of this book really hooked me. It was unlike anything I had read before. It was like getting two books in one. There was also some slight D/s action. A bonus!

The story centres on the relationship of Aaron and Greg in both the present day and a decade earlier. The uniqueness of this book was the history of the pair was portrayed by a film of which the screenplay had been penned by Greg. This was with a slight twist as the situation of the film was not as true to life as first thought by the reader. It tells the tale of how both met at a military school, their “coming of age” and their subsequent relationship. I loved how the story unfolds with the highs and lows of the life they have shared. It was fabulous how the present day is at a glitzy Hollywood premier of the film and that after all they have gained there is still elements missing from their lives.

When I first read this book I had a slight “tsk” moment at the end as I felt it needed more on the “now” relationship of the two MCs. I was not aware of the sequels when first reading, so to go back and re-read after reading Acting Out and Full Disclosure gave me that understanding of the “now” Aaron and Greg. It was even better second time around!

This was my first read of any of Tibby Armstrong books but after this one I became a fan. Fo’sure!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment