Wednesday 26 September 2018

#CoverReveal | One Week Hating You by Roya Carmen | #TBR #ContemporaryRomance


Title: One Week Hating You
Author: Roya Carmen
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: 25 October 2018

Cover Design: Calico Images



Maeve is over the moon: life is good and she's about to get married to Peter. But when she loses her job and gets jilted at the altar, her world crumbles and she runs into her momma's arms.

She's back in her small hometown for a week, and she has a plan - make Peter insanely jealous and win him back. Enter Blake Taylor, the boy who broke her heart. She'd rather avoid him at all costs, but with his 'bad boy' good looks and their shared history, Blake is the perfect man for the job, as long as she can stand him long enough - it's just one week, after all.

She'll show Peter that she's not the sweet wallflower he thinks she is, and he'll come running back soon enough.

But when he does, will she still want him?

A second chance love hate story.



 





As soon as he closes the door behind us, he grabs my wrist and pulls me in to him.

The sudden tug makes me jerk. “You’re hurting me.”

His eyes are darker than I’ve ever seen them, as dark as coal. “No way in hell I’m letting you do this, Maeve. I’m not going to let you ruin our last night together. You’re mine tonight.”

He presses a hand gently on my cheek. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said all that.”

The anger that had overwhelmed me just a second ago, instantly fades. All that remains is longing and desire. He’s right – I can’t ruin our last night together.

He draws my mouth to his. “I’m going to miss you,” he whispers.

“Me too,” I tell him, and get lost in his kiss. It’s as sweet and sexy as the kisses we shared years ago, but as he presses me against the door, it grows in intensity, and the boy’s kiss I remember so well morphs into the man’s kiss, the kind of kiss that makes you melt, and wet with want.

I get lost in his kiss, never wanting it to end. My fingers dig into his hair wildly as I wrap my leg tightly around his waist. I can’t get enough of him.

He tears himself away, and my heart jerks. He’s teasing again, or playing games. “What?”

He smiles, an impish grin. “No more kissing.”

“What?!” I say, incredulous. There’s no way we’re not kissing all night. This is what tonight’s all about.

He takes my hand and leads me to the chairs by the window. “Not another kiss until I get you completely naked.”

I smile. “How about you?”

He grins widely. “You be patient, Freckles.”

He slides a long finger along the curve of my dress. “I love this, but it has to go.” He spins me around, and presses his hot mouth on the nape of my neck. My whole core responds to him, so easily. He slides the zipper down slowly. “You’re too good for me,” he says quietly.

I want to protest and tell him that no, I’m not too good for him, but I get completely lost in the feel of his hand sliding down my back.

“You should go back to him,” he goes on. “He can give you the life you want, the life you deserve.” He slides the sleeveless dress over my shoulders and lets it drop to the floor. He bites my shoulder gently and I close my eyes. “I’ll always want you, Maeve. I’ll always remember this… the way your skin tastes and feels under my touch.”

I reach for him and fiddle with the buttons on his shirt but I can’t quite get at them – I’m a mess. He’s turned me into rubber. His hands slide over the curve of my waist, draw circles around my navel, and finally settle on the band of my lace panties. “I know you’ll always remember this too. When you’re fucking him, you’ll be thinking about me.”

He’s right, and he knows it.






Roya Carmen is a busy mom, romance writer, designer, bookworm, chocoholic, and hopeless romantic. There’s nothing she enjoys more than making up stories about love, and sharing them with her readers.







No comments:

Post a Comment